Armagnac Delord - Bas Armagnac 25 ans
Owned and operated by three generations of the Delord family, the House of Delord has been making armagnac since the 1890s when the patriarch of the family purchased a vineyard in Lannepax in Bas-Armagnac.
• Organically farmed vineyards: Ugni blanc (structure), Colombard (herbal aromas), Folle Blanche (floral notes), Baco (roundness)
• slow single distillation process
• A distillation at low temperature (around 52 to 58 degrees), which enables more flavors, fatty acids and character to remain in the spirit
• Use of 10% Gascon oak to give good tannins, darker color and beautiful spices
• More ageing than required by law
Blend of 25 years old + Armagnacs. Colombard, Ugni Blanc and Baco.
Aged for a minimum of 25 years, this has patisserie aromas of caramel and orange peel, with a soft feel and perky ginger and citrus notes on the finish. This light and lovely Armagnac would pair particularly well with fruit desserts.
97 Wine Enthusiast
"Mahogany color; superb clarity. I get buttery notes upfront that give way to bigger fragrances of citrus peel, meringue, egg white, and black tea; secondary inhalations after more aeration discover subtle notes of lime / citrus, black tea, and white raisins. Entry is sensationally clean, zesty, and defined by the notable presence of citrus rind, white raisins, kiwi, nutmeg, clove, and oak nuances; midpalate continues the subtlety found in the entry stage as the quiet merging of the fruit, acid, baking spice, and fatty oak elements creates a sophisticated and integrated core flavor that's about as sublime as mature Bas-Armagnac can get. The finish is a savory masterpiece of grape brandy balance, subtle strength, and integration. . This bas-armagnac could have no other score but five stars.”
Paul Pacult, The New Kindred Spirits 2021